Technical Lead - #982461
Within Arm, the Developer Ecosystems group aims to faciliate adoption of our market-leading development tools, which include compilation toolchains, simulation models, debuggers and performance analysers. Such tools typically require expertise and can be difficult to set up and use. This is where our group comes in.
We are looking for Technical Lead to join and lead the Deployment Tools team, developing common modules and applications used across our tool portfolio, in areas such as software licensing, usage analytics, and installers, all silently contributing to a better user experience. You will be working closely with peers within a larger, multi-disciplinary Deployment and Cloud Services group, envisioning the best solution, leveraging desktop and web technologies.
As Technical Lead, you will be very experienced in software engineering in general and will have prior leadership responsibilities, including mentoring junior developers.
This position is to be filled in our Manchester office which host numerous teams from across Arm.
Required skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you will have the following essential attributes:
- Demonstrated experience delivering work through a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Meaningful experience in developing cross-platform software (Windows, Linux, macOS)
- Ability to review and comment code written in C, C++, Java, Python, and Go if you are familiar with it (we use all of these programming languages)
- Familiarity with modern software development practises, including source control, automated testing, object-oriented or functional paradigms and the Agile methodology
- Passion for good design and great code!
"Nice to have" skills and experience
- A degree in a relevent subject
We will help you settle into the business and support you to build great things and be your brilliant self! We believe in personal growth as well as professional development.
On top of that, we will provide:
- Mentoring and leadership
- A competitive salary and rewards package
- Health and wellbeing, career progression and pathway support.
- Hybrid working (as a team, we try to balance evenly remote work and work on site).