Senior Mechanical Building Services Engineer - #982259
Parkinson Gray Associates
Our Client is a Mechanical and Electrical Consultancy. With the help of sustainable design solutions and technical expertise, they strive to create innovative projects that bring to life the best-built environment. Due to continued growth and success, the client is looking for an experienced Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team, who will be working as part of MEP Division.
Location: Manchester (City Centre)
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000K (depending on the experience)
Employment type: Permanent
Career development: All staff are fully supported to develop new skills across different sectors to facilitate constant learning and self-development.
As a Mechanical Engineer, the responsibilities and duties will include although not be limited to:
- Undertaking mechanical design elements for a whole range of projects of various sizes, primarily for Building Services.
- Work closely with other disciplines and design engineers, attending meetings and communicating with clients and contractors to help define the design requirements.
- Manage the production of the Mechanical design element for complete projects.
- Be an effective communicator.
- Managing the production of drawings. Preparing and co-ordinating mechanical drawings, documents and specifications.
- Supporting the growth of the business, in particular the provision of mechanical engineering design services and willingness to develop your own engineering potential.
- Design mechanical installations to meet requirements for energy efficiency and low carbon requirements.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 4 years UK building services experience
- Solid experience in the design and development of mechanical building services
- Experience with Hevacomp, AutoCAD, or Revit software
- Well-versed in British and/or European standards, legislation, and working practices.
- Experience in the design of high-quality and complex full mechanical building services.
- An excellent ability to write their own reports.
- Good all-around project/management leadership skills and problem-solving techniques.
- Excellent Team working and communication skills.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for this role, please apply now. All applicants must be eligible to work and live in the UK.