Estimator - #982196
Building Careers UK
Our client are a vibrant, innovative, family owned housebuilder and property developer delivering high quality homes, apartments and living spaces for housing associations across the north west.
Due to sustained growth, they are recruiting for an Estimator to join their team.
Duties and responsibilities to include:
- Tendering & Development Costing
- Prepare take-offs and BOQ for developments - including take-offs and BOQ for road and sewers, plot drainage, cut and fill and infrastructure works.
- Preparation of material schedules to assist Buyers in procurement of relevant materials.
- Undertake a review of abnormals and existing services, identifying diversions and obtaining quotations for all abnormals and diversions to allow accurate tendering.
- Where required undertake pre-enquiry communication and pricing with key supply chain partners.
- Packaging & distribution of pre contract tender information & subsequent cost collation to assist in tendering of potential build contracts.
- Ensure that development costing complies with all relevant standards (new home warranty, building regulation, employer requirements, contractor proposals etc).
- In conjunction with Commercial Manager, Development Team and Finance prepare detailed Target Budget for developments to allow Quantity Surveyors and Buyers to operate within budgets set to deliver required profit outputs.
- Provide input into post tender clarification and negotiations.
- Prepare handover documentation for project stage meetings with the wider project team.
If you're interested in this opportunity, then please apply with your CV.