Design Engineer/Structural Engineer - #982193
Design Engineer/Structural Engineer Derby or Manchester £34-47,000 depending on experience Full time, permanent
Key skills: Structural Engineer, mass timber, CLT, glulam, hybrid structures, steel
We are working with an award winning specialist Subcontractor/Fabricator, part of a larger national Group who seek a Structural Engineer for their growing design team. They are involved in design and delivery of a specialist building system, and as part of this business you will be working on some truly prestigious projects, and with strong sustainable credentials.
As Structural Engineer, your role will be to:
- Undertake structural engineering design of permanent structures (members, connections and building stability), and temporary works in support of site teams.
- Prepare calculations and present engineering design through drawings and sketches.
- represent the business in design workshops and meetings.
- Contribute specialist design advice within the business and externally.
- Contribute to research and development to further the company's specialist knowledge base.
- Be involved in the commercial management of the business, supporting the Contracts/Commercial teams.
- Qualified in an Engineering discipline to MEng or MSc, and working towards Chartered status with the IStructE or ICE
- At least 2 years' relevant experience in building structures design
- Able to demonstrate ability to read engineering drawings and specifications
- Good working knowledge of British Standards and Eurocodes (if you have knowledge of Eurocode-5 this would be of particular interest but if not, you will be supported in developing this knowledge)
- You will have a good appreciation of the commercial impact of design and associated details (eg machining, fabrication, erection)
- An appreciation of for construction requirements and design approaches for low carbon solutions.
- Good IT skills, including experience of using structural design software (eg MasterSeries, Dlubal RFEM and IdeaStatica etc)
- Well organised, able to juggle several tasks concurrently, with an awareness of prioritisation, working to strict deadlines and budgetary constraints
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, capable of presenting technical information clearly to both technical and non-technical colleagues verbally, in writing and sketching.
As Structural Engineer, you can expect:
Salary (commensurate with experience) £34-47,000 Support for Chartered Engineer status with IStructE or ICE 25 days' holiday + Bank Holidays with regular increase with length of service Hybrid working arrangement Subscription to private medical insurance Enhanced pension and maternity/paternity payments Discount on a range of retail and other purchases Employee Assistance Programme
Interested? Apply today or call Sue or Annie for further information. All calls treated with the strictest confidentiality.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and a disability confident employer. They actively encourage applicants who are covered under the equality act to apply.