Head of Estates - #982047
Head of Estates
Capital Estates & Facilities - Greater Manchester Mental Health
Full time – 37.5 hours per week – Monday to Friday 08.00-16.00
Band 8c - £36.01 per hour
The Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust is made up of a wide range of services across Manchester and the Greater Manchester area. As one of the largest specialist mental health providers in the country, GMMH supports more than 65,000 service users across our local, specialist, substance misuse and prison populations. We employ over 6,400 staff and provide services from 109 locations across the Northwest of England, as well as working with people in their homes and local communities.
Are you ready to lead and shape the future of Estates management within the Greater Manchester region? We're seeking an experienced and dynamic Head of Estates to cover a pivotal role during a long-term sickness absence, with the possibility of extending beyond 6 months and turning permanent. This is a unique opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the future of mental healthcare infrastructure in Greater Manchester.
If you are a strategic thinker, experienced in technical services, and have a passion for improving healthcare estates, we want to hear from you!
As the Head of Estates, you will take charge of the safe and compliant operational delivery of Hard FM services across Greater Manchester. Your role involves strategic development, coordination of reactive maintenance, and leadership of planned preventative maintenance programs. You'll play a crucial part in delivering the Trust's improvement plan - Building our Future Together.
- Manage Asset Register, Reactive Maintenance, Planned Preventative Maintenance, Space Utilization, and more.
- Apply specialist knowledge in line with HTM, interpreting national policies into effective local procedures. This requires a background in, and thorough knowledge of Technical Services.
- Contribute to the NHS sustainability agenda and lead utility account management.
- Attend patient meetings, liaise with service users, and resolve disputes.
- Financial management, including budget control, preparation of Adding Value Planning (AVP), and achieving income generation targets.
- Contribute to risk management (including Health & Safety), monitor KPIs, and support business planning and strategic development.
- Coordinate the development of the department’s annual business plan, ensuring alignment with other services plans (clinical and corporate) and optimisation of all available resources (financial and non-financial) and business opportunities.
- Participate in the Estates on-call rota covering all Estate services out of normal working hours.
A full job specification sheet is available for applicants.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent extensive relevant experience.
- Professional qualification (degree level) in engineering or a building-related subject.
- Membership of a relevant professional body (CIBSE, IEE, IHEEM, etc.).
- Extensive knowledge of electrical/mechanical services and Building Engineering services.
- Appropriate qualification and/or managerial experience of large teams, contractors, and stakeholders.
- Specialist knowledge of Capital, Estates & Facilities legislation and statutory, mandatory & best practice.
- PRINCE2 Managing Successful Programmes achieved.
- Contained Spaces certified.
- RPC for Legionella, Asbestos, Electrical Safety, and Fire as set out in HTMs.
- ACOPs/Corgi qualification.
- Recognized time-serviced apprenticeship.
- Extensive Estates operational experience within a healthcare environment.
- Literate in MICAD.
Who are NHS Professionals?
NHS Professionals (NHSP), owned by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), works in partnership with hospital trusts to provide a bank of highly skilled temporary workers who want to work flexibly within the NHS.
Working through the NHSP bank means Trusts don’t have to rely on expensive agencies. Right now, we have over 130,000 members registered on our bank from various roles, grades, and specialities, saving the NHS over £70 million each year. This money is then reinvested back into the NHS.
In return for your hard work commitment NHS Professionals (NHSP) can offer you some fantastic benefits: –
- Competitive Pay Rates - work this week, get paid next week!
- First choice of placements at over 50 NHS Trusts in England
- Dedicated consultants
- Flexible working options
- Free DBS and free training
- Support when you need it – 24/7 365 days
- Stakeholder pension scheme
Please note, you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.