Senior Product Owner- Network Security - #981988
Department of Work & Pensions
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
Do you have great stakeholder management and problem-solving skills?
Do you love finding ways to improve products and identifying solutions to tricky problems?
We're looking for a Network Security Product Owner to join our DWP Digital community to test and assure innovations to applications and services that allow millions of users to access essential benefits.
DWP is the UK's largest government department. We help people into work and make payments worth over £195bn a year to support some of the most vulnerable people in our society.
Our DWP Digital teams are driving a once-in-a-generation transformation of government services, using fresh ideas and leading-edge technologies to create innovative, scalable and user-centric digital solutions.
You'll help change the face of public services used by nearly every person in the UK, at key moments in their lives. The scale of what we do is extraordinary, and our purpose is unique. We'd love you to join us.
Delivery. Work. Projects.
We are looking for Product Owners with an appetite for big challenge, the drive to learn and grow, and those who want to use their skills to help shape the way crucial public services work.
You'll need to be adaptable. We'll help you pick up the more technical requirements on the job, through a combination of structured learning and by collaborating with experienced, highly knowledgeable colleagues from across our digital community.
Day to day you will:
- Coordinate, manage and report the network security workflow pipeline.
- Support our continuous network infrastructure common vulnerabilities and exposures (CVE) management processes.
- Liaise with both internal and external suppliers to aid the delivery of IT health checks, security audits and penetration tests.
- Support our risk assessors to ensure network related risks are correctly recorded, tracked and actioned throughout their lifecycle.
- Assist in the measurement and reporting of network infrastructure configuration posture and adherence to best practice.
- Support the development of our security incident playbooks.
What skills, knowledge and experience are essential for this role? We'll assess these when we look at your application.
- Significant experience working in an enterprise IT department.
- Foundational understanding of modern enterprise networking concepts and technologies.
- Experience in understanding zero trust security concepts and defence in depth strategies.
- A good Understanding of any cyber security frameworks, for example NIST CSF, NCSC CAF or CIS Critical Security Controls.
- Professional qualification or equivalent experience relating to network security, cyber security, networking, ITSM or project management.
- Any experience using Splunk, Jira, ServiceNow or SIEM tools.
Details. Wages. Perks.
You'll join us in one of our brilliant digital hubs in either Blackpool, Manchester or Newcastle.
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work and collaborate flexibly.
We work a hybrid model - with some time at home and some time in a hub with the team.
We offer competitive pay of up to £73,13
You'll be eligible for a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions of 27% worth over £14,000 per year.
You'll get a generous leave package starting at 26 days, plus all the usual bank holidays, and the option to take extra days off on flexi leave.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working, flexi hours and flexi days
- Hybrid working: some time in a hub with the team, some time at home
- Family-friendly policies
- Time off volunteering and charitable giving
- Bring your authentic self to work with 'I Can Be Me in DWP'
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Working in an award-winning environment and culture
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
Stage 1: Application
Stage 2: Interview
We know how valuable your time is. We have a clear and succinct hiring process with only TWO STAGES.
Click the apply now to see the full job description and get started with the next step in your career at DWP Digital.