Service Engineer - Lasers - #981983
A service engineer position has become available with a leading OEM of steel fabrication machinery.
Globally recognized as a true leader in laser machine tool technology, they specialize in providing automation and processing solutions to clients across various manufacturing sectors. They have a head office here in the UK for machine storage, refurbishment and distribution, as well as a global headquarters in Europe where the machines are built.
This position offers a strong basic salary depending on experience, paid door to door, weekday overtime, annual bonuses, company vehicle, 33 days holiday, a fantastic pension, private healthcare, death in service, and lots of other great benefits.
Responsibilities for the role include -
- Installation, Commissioning, Maintenance & Service of CNC Lasers
- Routine service and inspection checks to company standard
- Breakdown maintenance both mechanical and minor electrical repairs
- Full installation, setup, levelling and geometry checks
- Providing end user support to customers as well as training and demo's
- Report back to the office on any spares or replacement part requirements
- Use of laptop to complete all service and maintenance reports, and to submit timesheets / expenses
This role represents an excellent opportunity to work in a growing business within a solid and stable market, and will enjoy a high degree of trust to ensure jobs are completed or delivered as planned.
There is a robust training package with this role too, working for an OEM they offer product training in the UK, and overseas in Europe after the probation period is completed
Nationwide travel is expected at times, however, the business do aim to keep engineers as regional as possible.
To be successful in this role you will have -
- Previous experience as a field service engineer working for a similar OEM of laser, cutting or press machinery
- Strong knowledge of mechanical repairs to machine tools, along with basic knowledge of working safely with electrical circuits and wiring to swap parts like for like
- Willingness to travel nationally and show flexibility when required
- Full clean drivers license
ASC Connections Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. We are committed to equal opportunity and diversity.