Senior Content Designer - #981887
Department of Work & Pensions
DWP. Digital with purpose.
- Are you an experienced content designer?
- Are you passionate about delivering high quality content?
- Do you want to make DWP services work better? Can you write content that is easy to understand, and drives the right outcomes?
DWP Digital is transforming the way government works. We're hiring the best digital talent to work in agile, multidisciplinary teams and deliver better public products and services.
We're looking for talented, purpose-driven content designers to work on services that make a difference to people's lives.
If you want to be part of our expert community, click apply now to start an application.
Design with people in mind.
In DWP Digital our content designers focus on meeting user needs:
- We make complex information and processes easy to understand and follow
- We help DWP products and services achieve their intended outcomes - helping people find work, access benefits and get support
You'll be a senior content designer.
That means you're an experienced practitioner who can take a high-level view of how a user's content journey maps to business processes.
You will develop content strategy and solutions for complex services and products, working with digital and non-digital content.
You will map and write user stories, and be responsible for content quality, including reviewing the work of others.
You'll have chance to mentor other content designers and may also manage small teams.
You'll be part of supportive community of practice in DWP Digital, as well as a wider government content community.
You'll also lead on cross-government content projects, attend events and be an advocate for good content design
Your essential skills and experience:
- You have experience of working at pace in an agile environment and in a digital context
- Your spelling and grammar are excellent. You have experience of writing and editing using a style guide and plain English
- You have experience of taking a user-centred approach to content design, and explaining design decisions in a way that other people understand
- You have experience of making the case for content design to senior stakeholders and product owners
- You can handle constructive criticism of your work and can constructively review other people's work
- You understand how your work fits into the wider context of a team and organisation
Details. Wages. Perks.
You'll join us based at one of our brilliant digital hubs in either Birmingham, Blackpool, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle or Sheffield.
In return for your skills, we offer pay up to £63,517 per annum.
You'll also get a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions of 27.9%. That's worth up to £17,721 a year.
Plus, a generous leave package starting at 26 days, rising over time to 31 days, family friendly flexible working arrangements, such as hybrid working, job sharing, term-time working, flexitime and compressed hours.
Our benefits package is built around your work-life balance and includes:
- Time off volunteering and charitable giving
- Learning and development tailored to your role, including industry recognised qualifications, coaching and mentoring
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket
- Sports and social activities
- An inclusive and diverse environment with opportunities to join staff networks including Women's Network, National Race Network, National Disability Network (THRIVE) and many more
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs