Software Engineer - #981788
We are looking for an experienced engineer who is passionate about developing compilers, managing runtimes and loves open-source software. In this role you will be working on OpenJDK or .Net, key runtimes in server side software.
- Identify and implement changes to compilers and managed runtimes to improve the performance of selected workloads and better support Arm architectural features and CPU designs.
- Implement new runtime or compile features and fine-tune existing ones. (e.g. garbage collectors, interpreters, optimization passes, intrinsics)
- Own and be accountable for medium/large technical areas of managed runtime or compiler development.
- Contribute to open-source software projects and engage with open-source community.
- Collaborate with colleagues across Arm to improve the support for the Arm Architecture and CPUs.
- Help develop the project automated functionality and performance testing Frameworks.
Required skills and experience:
- Experience working on managed runtimes or compilers.
- Strong programming skills in C/C++.
- Be flexible, with a variety of software development skills and a commitment to extend the breadth and depth of knowledge.
- Familiar with open source project development and contribution processes.
- Knowledge of a computer architecture, arm64 is preferred.
- Proficiency in software development and methodologies (coding, testing, debugging, reviewing)
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have skills and experience:
- Familiar with Agile software development methodology such as Scrum or Kanban.
- Familiar with Linux performance analysis tools and system level performance tuning.
Education & Qualifications:
Established experience or a Bachelor’s (or above) degree in a STEM subject.
Our UK offices are amazing places to collaborate. We also have some scope to adapt the job role and title for the right person - if you are interested but unsure whether you tick all the boxes, we still would love you to reach out! We are keen to welcome versatile people into Arm!