Technical Lead - Quick Tools - #981750
Our Developer Ecosystems group strives to facilitate the adoption of Arm technologies by developers. The newly formed Quick Tools team works with the development community and alongside our product tool teams to provide freely downloadable small tools and libraries that aid developers in porting and solving performance analysis and related problems.
Are you passionate about building tools that help developers forge ahead in energy-efficient computing? Then this role is for you, allowing you an in-depth view of the processes used by developers port to Arm and deliver highly performant applications.
Work collaboratively to lead and manage our Quick Tools team to build out and maintain our suite of tools for end developers.
Communicate clearly and effectively across Arm and with developers and stakeholders across multiple disciplines. Agree and plan out work.
Lead by example with high-quality software engineering including code reviews, test, and following modern agile software development process
Opportunities to craft the team culture and norms, improve engineering practices and be part of the exciting focus and growth of Developer Ecosystems.
This position is to be filled in our city centre Manchester office, which hosts numerous teams from across Arm.
Required skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you will have the following crucial attributes:
- Proven experience leading software teams and managing developers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. You will need to collaborate with external end developers.
- Ability to review and comment on code written in C/C++, and Python.
- Familiarity with modern software development practices, including source control, automated testing, object-oriented or functional paradigms and the Agile methodology. Prepared to embrace AI and how it can enable developers.
"Nice to have" Skills and Experience
- Experience with debugging performance problems on Windows or Linux systems.
Education: A degree in a relevant subject or equivalent experience
If you think you could contribute to our team, apply below, even if you don't meet all these requirements we would love to hear from youIn return:
From automation to AI to ML, we design technology that changes people’s lives. Arm technology reaches over 70% of the world’s population and is in 95% of all connected devices! We’re a diverse, global team with a common passion for unlocking the power of technology for everyone. Whether you’re new to your career or highly experienced in your role, you’ll love it here.