Engineering Director - #981749
Solutions Engineering team’s mission is to enable our partners by delivering a secure, performant, reliable hardware and software that are easy to use. The Systems Development group develops compute subsystems and SoC’s for a wide range of market segments including Client, Infra, IoT and Automotive. As part of this work, we utilize the latest IP products from Arm and third party vendors. The team includes members in multiple UK sites, France, Hungary, US and Bangalore!
We are looking for a passionate engineering leader to be Engineering Director for our teams based in Sheffield and Manchester. You will join a highly focused group where you will lead subsystem design centres comprising of design and verification teams.
As the engineering leader you will manage a rapidly growing team of 65+ engineers and be expected to adopt a wide range of responsibilities.
- Provide effective leadership helping the group leadership team to build and develop a diverse inclusive local design centre by hiring, mentoring, coaching and talent management.
- Involve in resource assignments, future project planning, managing contractors and financial budgets.
- You will also work with other engineering managers and tech leads on the engineering execution of projects.
- You will balance other opportunities such as working with project managers on activities, plans, and schedules
- Communicate clearly and effectively with peers, partners and groups across multiple disciplines
- Opportunities to craft the team culture and norms, improve engineering practices and be part of the rapid and exciting growth of Arm Solutions Engineering.
- Bachelors (BS) or Masters (MS/MSc) in Electronics, Electrical or Computer Engineering - although other degrees will be considered with relevant work experience
- A consistent track record of managing engineers
- A passion for developing people and helping them advance their careers
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Experience of leading RTL design and verification teams for complex SoCs and ASIC products
- Practical experience of working on Arm IPs based SoCs
- Fundamentals of computer architecture and systems
- Experience working on Processor based system designs
We are offering a hybrid approach to home and office working to provide an adaptable experience for all employees. We expect some working time to be spent in office, to promote a strong collaborative environment with good team integration but are accommodating to different home working requirements.