Financial Control Manager - #981441
Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours, we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Financial Control Manager
- You’ll be responsible for the delivery and integrity of product control activities, including balance sheet and profit and loss account to support the wider financial, statutory, regulatory and management reporting within the agreed timescales
- We’ll look to you to lead teams to make accurate and timely delivery of monthly, quarterly and annual financial information
- As a key member of our team, you’ll enjoy extensive collaboration and can expect great visibility for you and your work
- We offer a hybrid way of working where you’ll be based in our Manchester office at least two days a week, with the rest of your time working from home
What you'll do
As Financial Control Manager, you’ll be accountable for your team’s performance and daily activity delivery, and will implement performance measures, promoting a culture of data and information quality. You’ll set the control frameworks and deliverable governance framework aligned to our overall strategy, ensuring adherence to the strategy, operating model and process architecture principles.
You’ll perform product control activities within product control as well as ensure the delivery of the assigned workload within reporting cycle deadlines. You’ll also review the month-end production for all product-related activities that sit within the group-wide banking architecture.
In addition, you’ll:
- Actively participate in strategic initiatives
- Drive a continuous improvement culture in the team
- Deliver full substantiation and reconciliation of the balance sheet and profit and loss accounts within a controlled framework and understand the key business drivers
- Set and manage internal controls, such as developing the control framework and complying with relevant policies ensuring the adequacy and effectiveness of the business controls on a regular basis
- Establish strong analytical procedures over the balance sheet and profit and loss account
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for an individual with excellent transferable experience of working in a financial services environment or other medium to large corporates. You’ll have experience leading, motivating and directing a small to medium team, and ideally have experience of global working.
We’ll also look for experience in core financial control delivery and reporting outputs, including ledger close, balance sheet substantiation, statutory and management reporting and external audit.
To succeed in this role, you’ll bring:
- A relevant qualification and proficiency in accounting
- Relevant commercial insight and experience of implementing business process and procedural change in a complex business environment
- The ability to implement the operating model and strategic change
- Experience in the optimal use of key finance technologies, such as Oracle and its modules and associated reporting tools including Tableau or Python
- The proven ability to drive culture and generate several ways forward to achieve team objectives