Value Management Office Manager - #981327
Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours, we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Value Management Office Manager
- Take on a new challenge which will see you running the Value Management Office and providing oversight of all programmes and projects
- With the opportunity to develop your skill set and knowledge, this role offers excellent exposure to our business and its senior stakeholders
What you'll do
As a VMO Manager, you’ll be providing strategic challenge, oversight and scrutiny of the portfolio, making sure it is aligned with the People Domain's vision. Amongst other things, you'll achieve this through ownership of the portfolio kanban board, work reception and domain level prioritisation.
You’ll work with senior stakeholders to define, implement and manage the domain governance and control framework, including the coordination of regular governance forums and production of high quality reporting for the portfolio including RAID, progress and key milestones.
Alongside this, you’ll provide guidance, coaching and support within the domain, on portfolio and investment management methodology, standards and toolsets, building and maintaining capability and ensuring bank-wide compliance.
As well as this, you’ll be:
- Managing the value management office
- Making sure that all initiatives meet the requirements of the portfolio
- Setting the standard for workflow tooling across the domain, and working with Goal Optimisation Teams to ensure it is adhered to
- Creating strategies for the effective planning, monitoring and delivery of the portfolio
- Providing an ongoing health check of the portfolio
The skills you'll need
To join us in this role, you’ll bring experience in portfolio management support and ideally, you’ll hold relevant portfolio management qualification, such as SAFe Lean Portfolio Management. You'll thrive working in a fast-paced environment and be able to adapt quickly and effectively.
Additionally, you’ll demonstrate:
- Expertise in tools such as Planview, Oracle and Agile Place
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills