Customer Service Advisor - #981324
Do you like helping people resolve issues? Do you have a keen eye for detail? Do you enjoy communicating with a wide range of people? If you answered 'Yes,' we would love to hear from you.
We are recruiting for an exciting temporary position to join a busy call centre in central Manchester as a Customer Service Advisor. You will be part of a service that inspects and regulates services that care for children and young people, and services providing education and skills for learners of all ages.
The work that you undertake is life-changing and in order to achieve your best you will be supported, coached and mentored by an experienced team and given full training enabling you to make considered, timely and fair decisions in the workplace.
Please Note: The role adopts a 60% hybrid working model with the expectation that workers do 3 days in the office. Hours are shifts between 08:00 - 18:00, You will be contracted to 36 hours each week. The initial contract is temporary for 3-6 months, with a view to extend.
The offer is subject to passing government standard DBS clearance and 3 years reference checks.
What will be your primary responsibilities?
The role will involve, but not be limited to you performing the following:
- Lead by example and uphold and embody our values at all times. Ensuring the protection of children and learners is paramount.
- Adhere to responsibilities under health and safety legislation and policies.
- Demonstrate a positive commitment to equities and diversity.
- Ensure safeguarding children and students is paramount, and at all times lead by example.
- Demonstrating and embedding core values of putting children and students first, upholding our independence, and exhibiting accountability and transparency in all we do.
- Complete all work effectively to a high standard, making decisions within well-defined procedures and in accordance with legislation.
- Provide a high-quality service to internal and external customers, responding appropriately and effectively to queries and complaints
- Meet and exceed agreed Key Performance Indicators to support the performance of the Contact and Administration Team.
- Understand and complete several processes following guidance and frameworks.
- Use a number of Information Systems to accurately access, inform, complete, and record work.
- Consider existing working practices and identify areas for improvement, providing feedback where appropriate and improving own performance by taking on board feedback and continuously looking for ways to improve.
To apply for this post, you will have:
- Be able to use basic Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Adapt to changing priorities and ability to work at pace
- Good communication and interpersonal skills (both verbal and written)
- Professional and customer-focused, ability to understand the needs of vulnerable customers
- Able to work in a hybrid manner, attending the office at least 40% of their working week
- 5 GCSE's (or equivalent), grade A-C, including English and Maths or equivalent (Desirable)
In return for your demanding work and commitment, working for this organisation can offer you some fantastic benefits: -
- The opportunity to join and work in the public sector
- Competitive pay rates - £11.57 per hour
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
We recruit on behalf of some of the country's best-known organisations for roles across all industry sectors. We are located across 50+ high street locations, making hiring and job searching more personal. Our nationwide reach means we can engage with job seekers and employers in person, allowing us to tailor our approach to their unique requirements perfectly.
By applying today, you can kick start our fantastic on boarding process, as well as the ability to develop professionally and gain experience with this incredible government organisation.