Head of MI & Planning - Education Sector - #981186
Nigel Frank International
I'm partnered with a well-established Further Education organisation in Greater Manchester, who are looking for a Head of Management Information & Planning to join their Leadership team, and play a critical role in delivering a top-tier service to their students, staff and stakeholders.
In this role you will lead their sizeable Management Information, Compliance and Funding functions, ensuring that all statutory returns and obligations are met.
We're looking for someone with knowledge of public sector funding within Further Education and/or Higher Education, and experience managing regulatory body audits and compliance-type visits. You will keep abreast of developments in agency funding roles, and will provide direction and guidance to senior managers as part of the curriculum planning process.
You'll lead on the development of innovative reporting solutions using SQL and Power BI to track KPIs and various metrics in areas such as attendance, retention, achievement and funding, and will have a track record of developing new ideas and strategies to improve data management and dissemination.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced data or performance manager working in the Further or Higher Education sector to take on a business critical role with an organisation who are truly committed to delivering the very best service possible, where you'll be given real autonomy and support to shape the future of your role.
- Experience of managing funding and data in the Further Education sector
- Solid knowledge of public sector funding within the Further Education and ideally also Higher Education sector
- Experience managing, ESFA, GMCA and/or other regulatory body audits and compliance visits
- Experience developing strategies to bring about improvements and enhance data management
- Technical skills in SQL and SSRS or Power BI reporting
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Salary up to £65,000 depending on experience
- 40 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Enrolment into the local government pension scheme with 20.70% employer contribution
- Family friendly policies
- Excellent staff benefits package with discounts and savings with various retailers and services
Please Note: This is a permanent role for UK residents only. This role does not offer Sponsorship. You must have the right to work in the UK with no restrictions. Some of our roles may be subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Check.
Nigel Frank are the go-to recruiter for Power BI and Azure Data Platform roles in the UK, offering more opportunities across the country than any other. We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group. To find out more and speak confidentially about your job search or hiring needs, please contact me directly at (url removed)