Senior Environmental Consultant - #980691
Moss Agate Ltd
We require an experienced Senior Environmental Consultant with some practical experience to join a small, dynamic Environmental and Sustainability Team for a Global Infrastructure Business.
The position is home based with trips to site when required/necessary. Travel and subsistence are part of the package.
You will be responsible for the Environmental Management of a major Substation upgrade programme. Reporting to the Project Director, you will be responsible for taking the lead in creating a culture of best practice environmental performance and standards for the duration of the programme.
Acting as the Environmental Lead on the project with the full support of our Head of Environment
- Main point of contact between the site and design teams
- Actively represent the Environmental issues in collaborative meetings
- Assist with production and review of methods statements and risk assessments.
- Collate subcontractor information from site to assist with monthly sustainability reporting
- Undertake Environmental inspections and audits.
- Provide environmental advice with regards to, legal compliance and construction to the survey team.
- Monitor contractors to ensure effective delivery of obligations.
- Co-ordinate and liaise with the Design Joint Venture to ensure the timely exchange of environmental assessments and specialist resources in line with the programme of works.
- Review and input into project work package plans and task briefs as required.
- Attend consultations with local authorities, local enquiries and other statutory bodies where required.
- Record and report all incidents and instigate any corrective actions.
- Previous experience gained as an Senior Environmental Consultant/Advisor.
- Knowledge of construction methods and, particularly the environmental impact associated with major construction projects.
- Previous site experience is preferable.
- Awareness of all current and future environmental legislation, and a working knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation is essential.
Large scale linear project experience (energy, power, renewables)
Significant experience with either an Engineering Consultant, Principal Civil Engineering Contractor or a specialist Environmental Consultancy.
Experience of environmental design and mitigation
Broad experience of all elements of environmental design, site activities and impacts on third parties.
Confidence and experience to challenge designs.
Qualified Environmental specialist or a related discipline is desirable; membership of a relevant professional body is advantageous
A valid CSCS card to visit sites is desirable
Career progression and professional development are core to the values of the Company and you will be encouraged and mentored continually to enhance your exposure to different projects and challenges.
Excellent packages are offered.
The roles are immediate and the preference is to recruit permanent members into the team now and in the coming months for a variety of other projects. Fixed term contracts will be considered, as well as rolling contract positions.
Moss Agate Limited and its’ Clients operates as equal opportunities employers and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.