Senior Software Engineer (Energy experience essential) - #980602
Role: Senior Software Engineer (Energy experience essential)
Location: Manchester - Hybrid
Our client is an innovative software and services company, catering to clients in the utility sector, and specialise in delivering advanced software solutions and managed services via a Private Cloud infrastructure, serving both traditional and modern real-time, smart energy clients. As Senior Software Engineer your primary responsibility will be to develop and unit test software according to the company's Java development standards. Your focus will be on the CRM & Billing solution, which follows a customer-driven proactive roadmap, introducing innovation in billing for emerging digital energy services across the utilities market. You will collaborate with a skilled team with extensive experience in the Energy Industry, eagerly anticipating the infusion of new skills. If this role sounds like you. APPLY TODAY!
- You'll engage in development projects across the software lifecycle, from requirements analysis and design to testing, release management, and ongoing support.
- Analyse and review project and product documentation to ensure thorough understanding of the business and technical requirements.
- Analyse and understand new and existing software components and requirements.
- Identify and define testable requirements from documented and undocumented sources.
- Create, implement, and review test plans, scripts, and test completion documentation.
- Link Test Requirements to Test Cases, ensuring 100% coverage of planned testing.
- Define, generate, and load test data
- Test Case Execution results recording
- Identify, log, and monitor defects using the company’s Defect Management Tool, Jira
- Define and seek to ensure all Test Completion criteria has been met
Skills and Experience
- Experience working in the Energy Industry and Knowledge or experience of working with Billing & Payments
- Experience of API testing
- An understanding of or have worked with XML data files.
- Experience in the creation and execution of SQL queries
- The ability to work well within a cross-functional team and coach other members of the team.
- Willingness to undergo BS7858 screening.
- Knowledge and experience in Test Automation
- Knowledge of or has worked with Atlassian (Confluence and Jira)