Sales Manager - #980601
Job Title: Sales Manager
Salary: Excellent salary plus car allowance and bonus
Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester
Recruitment specialists Martin Anthony Limited are exclusively partnering with our client in their search for an experienced Sales Manager with a successful track record. The company are proud to be one of the most established and successful companies in their field. They are a business that has high levels of integrity and loyalty to staff and customers.
The successful person must a proven Sales track record and have a technical understanding of engineering drawings and the experience and ability to drive sales.
Sales Manager Responsibilities:
- Ownership and responsibility for promotional planning and sales pipeline
- Reporting on all aspects of sales activities and taking a leadership role in planning and implementing sales strategy, including forecasting of potential /actual orders
- Negotiating customer contracts with the assistance of the Managing Director. Preparation of business and financial review documentation associated with contract matters
- Retain and develop a portfolio of customers ensuring an in depth understanding of customer objectives
- Evaluate customer risk and proactively work to avoid bad debts or action by customers that could affect the company profitability
- Maintain and develop contact network within existing and new customer base
- Ability to interpret technical requirement specifications, engineering drawings and schematic diagrams
- Conduct and manage regular customer requests for quotation sessions and existing contract reviews with other key company stakeholders
- Day to day responsibility for the sales team
Sales Manager Skills, Experience, and Qualities:
- Excellent communication and people handling skills (internal and external)
- High level negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Highly numerate with a solid commercial acumen
- Perform Project Management duties
- Enthusiastic character with an exceptional work ethic to deliver results
- High level of organisation skill regarding planning, preparation, execution and follow up
- Solid experience selling technical engineering products
- Degree in Mechanical /Electrical & Electronics Engineering, or the experience and ability to read and interrogate technical drawings
The company prides itself in fostering an inspiring environment that rewards outstanding performance.
To apply, please send your CV to Martin Anthony Recruitment or call the team here for more details. Please note - if you haven’t received feedback within 2 weeks of your application you have not been successful on this occasion.