Freelance Quantity Surveyor - #980553
Bowdon Associates Limited
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor - Civil Engineering
Our client is a Civil Engineering sub-contractor specialising in wastewater treatment works, concrete & structure repair, deep drainage & highway works etc. They are looking to add a Quantity Surveyor to their team (site visits as required) working on projects in the North West.
- Assist in the preparation of cost monitoring indicators and monitor site performance on a weekly basis
- Attend and record start-up / progress meetings with Contractors ensuring key actions are captured and allocated.
- Prepare, submit and agree on monthly Payment Valuations
- Identification of all forms of variations to a Contract and Notification in accordance with the Contract
- Preparation and valuation of Change Requests for submission to the client in accordance with the Contract provisions
- Negotiation of Final Account settlements
- Evaluate and report contract commercial performance and financial recovery – Monthly & End Life
- Responsibility for contract administration
- Ideally construction-based commercial qualification at degree level.
- NEC 3 & 4 experience
- Demonstration of previous experience as a Quantity Surveyor working within the civil engineering industry.
- Communication skills, both verbally and written
- Ability to develop close relationships – both internally and externally
- A well-organised and disciplined approach to work
- Confidence to work on own initiative with a positive attitude, planning and preparation skills
- Full UK Driving Licence