Regional Development Underwriter - #980349
Regional Development Underwriter
- Join a cross-class team with strong growth aspirations
- Expand your commercial knowledge across a range of classes, including farm and estates
- Act as a key point of technical excellence
About the role
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Development Underwriter to work with our GI Sales Force and Service Centre to help drive the identification and acquisition of new business GWP across mid-market commercial and Property & Liability.
Working in partnership with our tied Agency Network and Sales teams in the North West, you’ll support the development of new business pipelines and attend client visits as required, whilst underwriting your own personal caseload.
You’ll be a key point of technical excellence to the Agency Network and Sales Force, providing clear direction on NFUM Underwriting strategy, Risk Appetite and the technical knowledge and skills to deliver objectives, KPI’s and first-class customer service.
Using your market knowledge and expertise, you’ll apply a ‘whole account’ underwriting philosophy, working in collaboration with cross-divisional teams and supporting with the identification of new mid-market sectors and improvement of NFUM propositions.
The role is homebased and it is expected that the successful candidate will be on the road on average 3 days per week, covering Greater Manchester and Liverpool.
If you’re a self-starter with extensive new business Commercial Underwriting experience, this is a great opportunity for you to join a business that will value you, and where you can really make a difference and contribute to its’ development. You’ll also have;
- Property & Liability Commercial underwriting experience within the mid-market space
- Experience of successfully building and managing relationships
- Confident communicator with experience of leading and influencing discussions
- Development Underwriting experience/Proven business development experience (desirable)
- Dip CII or equivalent qualification (desirable)
Benefits and Rewards
When you join our team, you can expect a supportive culture and an attractive range of rewards and benefits including:
- Salary up to £55,000
- Annual bonus (up to 17.5% of salary)
- Contributory pension scheme, up to 20%, including your 8% contribution
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays + buy/sell/save holiday trading scheme
- A Family Friendly policy that helps you balance your work and family responsibilities
- Access to savings at High Street brands, travel and supermarkets
- £20 contribution to a monthly gym membership – subject to T&Cs
- Health and wellbeing plan - cashback for dentist, opticians, physio and more
- Access to voluntary benefits, including health assessments, private medical insurance and dental insurance
- Employee Volunteering - volunteer in the community for one day each year
- Unlimited access to Refer a Friend £500 bonus scheme
- Life Assurance cover of 4 x salary
- Employee discounts of 15% on a range of NFU Mutual insurance policies.
- Company Car or car allowance of £5,500
Working at NFU Mutual
We’re one of the UK’s leading general insurance and financial services companies. For over 110 years we’ve put our customers at the heart of everything we do. Our people are just as important to us. We pride ourselves on being “a great place to work” and are one of only 57 companies across the globe, and only one of two organisations with headquarters in the UK, to receive a Gallup Exceptional Workplace 2023 award. We were also named in the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies List 2021 and Glassdoor's 2023 list of the 50 Best Places to Work in the UK today.
We offer a supportive culture where we empower and inspire our people to perform, offer them opportunities to grow, and recognise and reward their contribution. Our people are proud to work for a company that respects them and their communities, and they trust us to be financially sustainable, so we are successful now and in the future.
Regional Development Underwriter