Technical Director - #980314
Hybrid role – operating out of Manchester Office
Salary Negotiable (up to £70K + Excellent Benefits
My client are a leading Building Control consultancy in England and Wales, providing market-leading expertise as a Corporate Approved Inspector since 1998.
With quality and technical expertise that underpins their full suite of Building Control services.
We are looking for a motivated Technical Director to join their highly successful Building Control team in their central Manchester office. A hybrid model which typically means 3 days in the office or on site and 2 days at home (depending on the need for site visits/client meetings).
The Technical Director is a senior technical role where you will lead on large-scale, complex projects including healthcare, education and commercial high rise residential as well as ensuring that prospects, proposals and tenders are submitted in accordance with their processes. You’ll also help develop and monitor the technical team members by sharing experience and knowledge.
- Working in accordance with the Building Regulations, Building Act, Approved Documents, Building Control Performance Standards and RICS professional Standards.
- Taking responsibility for contractual liability in the bids submitted.
- Negotiating the risk profile within a contract to generate new business opportunities.
- Attending and positively contributing to Board, Director meetings through the application of experience, independent thought and alignment with agreed strategy.
- Experienced in a similar role
- MRICS, MCABE, MCIOB membership or equivalent.
- The ability to influence and mentor.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Rewards & Benefits
Competitive Salary, Car allowance
25 days Holiday + 8 bank holidays and holiday purchase scheme
Discretionary Annual Bonus
Employee Assistance programme offering wellbeing mental, financial and work advice
Discount scheme, A tree will be planted for all new starters
Payment of 2 relevant professional subscriptions
Support through professional accreditation processes with bonuses and salary review on achievement