People Relations Advisor - #980310
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our team as a People Relations Advisor on a permanent, full time (37 hours per week) basis. This role is Hybrid, working remotely from home and out of our office.
In this role you will act as the first point of contact via the phone or team inbox. You will be responsible for liaising with line managers across the business to provide advice and support on ER cases/matters - including Attendance, AWOL, Health & wellbeing, Investigations, Disciplinary, Performance and Capability. As well as dealing with general people policy queries in accordance with our company policy, procedures in line with employment law.
Some key focuses for you
- Coach and support line managers providing quality, consistent and accurate ER advice over a call and on email to enable them to successfully manage ER issues such as Attendance, AWOL, Health and Wellbeing, Investigations, and Disciplinary, within appropriate timescales, and mitigating any potential risk to the business.
- Provide accurate and timely correspondence to support line managers to comply with policy and processes relating to ER matters.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive records of all support and interaction about a case
- Work closely with the ER Partners to triage queries and/or escalate cases of a complex nature
- Maintain personal knowledge of LTE Group people policies and employment legislation to advise correctly ensuring policies are adhered to and sharing best practise with colleagues.
- Contribute to service and policy development
- Build line manager relationships to adapt advice pragmatically to the business needs and deliver a high standard of customer service
- Continuously look for ways to improve our service to our managers
- Prioritise and communicate effectively
- You must be passionate about working in ER. Have demonstrable experience of providing HR process advice in a previous HR Generalist/administration role
- A clear understanding of employment policies, processes, and practices and an up-to-date awareness of external trends
- Be able to coach and where required challenge and/or escalate line managers where necessary to resolve ER cases whilst providing excellent customer service
LTE Group: What we do
We are a national public sector learning, training, and education organisation with a clearly defined mission to 'improve lives and economic success through learning and skills.' Our valued 4,000 colleagues drive our delivery of specialist learning to over 100,000 learners in over 120 UK locations, across our businesses.
Enabling success is what we do; whether it's a learner in a prison environment who needs up-skilling, or a 16-year-old who is starting out on their life journey - we equip, train, and teach all of our learners to reach their full potential and go onto a successful work journey.
You'll be joining a team of professionals from diverse specialisms with a common purpose - to improve the lives of thousands of individuals. We welcome thought leaders, individuals with passion and drive to achieve success in their own right; and we aim for team players who embrace a common purpose.
Our family of businesses:
- Novus/Novus Cambria/Novus Gower:Specialising in providing prison education to offenders in over 50 UK prisons.
- The Manchester College:Leading provider of Further Education in the Greater Manchester area
- UCEN Manchester:Higher Education provision
- Total People:Apprenticeships and work-based learning
- MOL:Online professional development
Why our colleagues are important to us
Our mission to improve lives is demonstrated in the way we work as a whole team, supporting and enabling our colleagues to deliver excellence to our learners - we expect this also appeals to you and is one of the reasons you want to work with us.
- Integrity:We are honest, trustworthy, and open
- One Team: We collaborate, respect each and other and contribute to team goals
- Forward Thinking: We are always improving, we innovate and take ownership
- Sustainable: We take a long-term view environmentally, financially, and socially
- Can do: We are positive, inclusive, flexible and proactive
As part of the LTE Group family, you will benefit from an excellent package including:
- An excellent annual leave entitlement
- in-house 'Evolve' training programme offers you the chance to upskill and further your career through a wide range of recognised qualifications
- Career development opportunities
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounts on your health care through Simply Health
- Free, confidential support service provided by an external organisation, PAM Assist
- Cycle to work scheme saving you 25% on your purchase
- Access to lots of offers with well-known retailers
LTE Group is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. For more information about what we do please visit us at (url removed)/about-us. If you wish to apply for this exciting opportunity, please visit our website (url removed)/careers.
All applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the role profile for shortlisting purposes.
The closing date for this job advert is 23/02/2024. However, sometimes the job advert may close early if we receive a good response!
The LTE group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be required to undergo an appropriate DBS check via the Criminal Records Bureau. Due to the educational aspect of our group some roles are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and would require an Enhanced DBS check and may be subject to additional online checks as part of our pre-screening process.