Residential Support Worker - #980200
Heartland Care Recruitment
Here at Heartland, we are passionate about care recruitment and believe that every role in this field is vital in making a difference. Our HICARE values, centred around honesty and communication, guarantee you the best possible experience when working with us. Heartland candidates also enjoy exclusive benefits including free training, complimentary uniform and CV assistance.
About the role:
We are looking for experienced support workers within Manchester area to work for a leading care provider in UK, to work with either children or adults with various complex needs. Most of the work completed is within residential units. Duties will include:
- To create a home environment that exceeds the needs of the young people and adults, enabling them to develop their characters, feel safe and enrich their lives.
- To provide a stimulating environment, implementing educational, personal and social development of the young adult
- Contributing to the young person’s care plans and risk assessments
- Maintain and promote residential care work to high levels of professionalism with citizens with physical disabilities, Autism or challenging behaviour
- To meet the emotional and physical needs of our young adults and maximise opportunities for their development
- Restraint training (MAPA, PMVA) is beneficial but not mandatory
SHIFTS: Variable shifts available including: days, afternoons and sleep-ins, occasional awake nights also available
Must be able to work more than 20hrs per week - unfortunately we don't accept applications from those who are restricted
Locations: Multiple units around the whole of Greater Manchester depending on your preference
Pay Rate: minimum of £12 /HR
- A minimum of 6 months of working experience within care setting.
- Operate with a caring, compassionate, and empathetic attitude.
- Excellent timekeeping and communication skills.
- The ability to accurately follow instructions and keep records.
- Flexible in their approach and sensitive to the needs of residents
- Have the ability to form positive relationships with residents, their families and professional colleagues
- Medication training is beneficial but not mandatory
- Restraint training (MAPA etc.) is beneficial but not mandatory
Why work for Heartland Care Recruitment
- Competitive pay rates
- Bespoke weekly payroll options
- Flexible working hours and patterns to suit you
- Free Mandatory Training courses
- Free additional CPD courses; including The Care Certificate
- Access to and membership of the NHS Discount Scheme and Discounts
- Refer a friend scheme - £100 for both you and your friend*
- Free uniform, I.D. badge and lanyard
- Dedicated compliance manager
- Work and shifts to suit you and your schedule
- Permanent job opportunities.
- And much, much more…
*Terms and conditions apply