Senior Solution Architect - #979838
Department of Work & Pensions
Senior Solution Architect
Pay £52,412 to £70,000, plus 27.9% employer pension contributions worth over £17,000. Hybrid working, and great work life balance. Includes flexi-time with up 3 extra flex-days off a month.
Your choice of Birmingham, Blackpool, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle or Sheffield. hybrid hub / home working, flexible hours, and great work life balance.
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK's largest government department that helps people into work and makes payments worth over £195bn a year to support millions of daily users.
DWP has mission-critical payment services that need to be transformed to adapt to these changes, whilst robustly delivery £250 billion payments per year to the most vulnerable people in society.
Our DWP Digital teams are using fresh ideas and ground-breaking technologies to create innovative, scalable, and user-centric digital solutions that are changing how government works.
You will join our community of Solution Architects in DWP Digital. We are looking for motivated Solutions Architects to take on the challenge of solving complex problems that impact the most vulnerable citizens in society.
Designing World-Class Products
We need a Solution Architect who can tackle intricate challenges in both external industry shifts and internal transformation needs. If you can turn strategic mandates into architectural blueprints, present to stakeholders and take through to successful implementation get in touch.
You'll be working with our Payments team for your first challenge. DWP is one of the biggest payers in Europe, and our team is responsible for designing modernised Payment's systems including adoption of New Payments Architecture.
In DWP we maintain and modernise services that will be used by nearly every person in the UK, at key moments in their lives. You'll be working at leading edge of major changes in the wider payments industry, solving new, complex and often unique payments architecture problems.
You'll provide expert architecture advice to our delivery teams, conduct Proof of Concepts and have the communication skills to win hearts and minds at boards and forums.
Your Essential Skills:
- Architecture design and modelling techniques, patterns, tools and standards.
- Micro-service and API-led architecture design.
- Event-based architecture designs and patterns (including pub-sub and data streaming).
- Public cloud technologies, design patterns, and best practice (e.g. Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform).
- Presenting to technical governance forums.
Details. Wages. Perks.
In return for your skills, we pay £52,412 - £70,000 per annum.
You'll also get a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions to 27.9% - that could be worth over £17,000 in your pension pot each year.
Plus, a generous leave package starting at 26 days, rising over time to 31 days.
You can also take up to 3 extra days off a month on flexi-time.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- An award-winning environment and culture: Employer of the Year 2023 (Women In IT Awards), Founders Award for Outstanding Digital Leadership 2023 (Digital 100)
- Flexible working including flexible hours and family-friendly policies
- Time off volunteering and charitable giving
- Bring your authentic self to work with 'I Can Be Me in DWP'
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
Click 'Apply' for more information and to start an application on Civil Service