Highways Operative - #979835
Carnell Support Services
Attention Highway Heroes! Join Our Dynamic Team as a Highways Operative!
Are you looking for a thrilling and fulfilling career where you can make a real impact on your community? Are you passionate about keeping our roads safe and ensuring smooth traffic flow? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
At Carnell, we take immense pride in maintaining the lifelines of our nation - the highways! As a leading Highways Maintenance company, we are committed to delivering top notch services to ensure the safety and convenience of all road users. Our team of skilled highways operatives plays a vital role in achieving this goal.
As a Highways Operative, you will be at the forefront of maintaining and upgrading our road networks.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – but not limited to
- Receiving Start of Shift Briefings
- Kerbing/ Edgings
- Flagging/ Trenching
- Drainage all depths
- Ducting/ Cabinet sites
- Cable Pulling
- Step building
- Chamber construction
- Ability to read plans and drawings.
- Complete installation of works to the correct detail and specifications.
Experience and Qualifications
- NPORS / CPCS training in Excavators/Dupers/Rollers
- CSCS Operative Card essential
- Cat & Genny training
- NRSWA Accreditation desirable
- Roller & Dumper cards / trained
- Safe excavation techniques
- Safety First - You prioritize safety above all else and adhere to the highest safety standards.
- Reliable & Responsible: You take pride in delivering quality work on time and being accountable for your actions.
- Problem Solver: You're quick on your feet and find creative solutions to challenges.
- Team Player: You thrive in a team environment and communicate effectively with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Driver's License: A valid driver's license is required for this role
Why Join Us:
- Meaningful Impact: Your work will directly contribute to safer, more reliable roads for everyone, improving the daily lives of countless individuals.
- Growth Opportunities: We value career development and offer training to enhance your skills, enabling you to advance within the company.
- Team Spirit: Join a supportive and friendly team, at Carnell we have a supportive and inclusive company culture.
- Competitive Benefits: Enjoy a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance, and other perks.
Carnell is committed to a diverse, inclusive workforce, offering equal opportunity to all. We create an environment where difference is embraced and individuals flourish.
We value passionate, responsive, innovative, trustworthy, and respectful people. These behaviours are embedded across the company, they guide us in all actions both on site and in the office.
We are committed to ensuring the health and wellbeing of all our employees; not only ensuring that everybody goes home safely but also giving all a good work life balance.