Bridging Finance Underwriter - #979662
Rico Property Finance Ltd (T/A D&R Recruitment)
Bridging Finance Underwriter
Salary up to £50,000 + Bonuses + Staff benefits,
D&R recruitment are extremely excited to offer this opportunity for a Bridging Finance underwriter for a successful very well-regarded Lender in the specialist market. The Bridging and Development finance lender is based in Manchester providing bridging, refurbishment and development facilities across England and Wales.
They are looking to expand their team and require a Bridging Finance Underwriter that has a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the bridging industry.
Responsibilities for the Bridging Finance Lender:
- The successful applicant will proactively manage the underwriting and due diligence process from loan application to loan drawdown and ongoing management of any development drawdowns for works. They may also be able to contribute to shaping policy & procedure as our company grows.
- You will be responsible for managing the entire lending process from application through to drawdown.
- Analyse credit worthiness and make lending decisions in line with Credit Risk Policy and individual mandate level.
- Adhere to internal underwriting policy and regulatory requirements - FCA, PRA, Money Laundering, Prevention of Financial Crime, Data Protection, etc.
- Underwrite and approve loans.
- Preparing offer documentation and ensuring all loan conditions are met throughout the drawdown process.
- Structure transactions based upon market sector, asset and security.
- Preparing a detailed Credit Paper with all appropriate conditions and presenting the proposition to the credit committee
- Handle broker and client calls on specific cases under review.
- Liaising with internal departments (Risk and Sales) and instructing and liaising with external parties (Surveyors, Solicitors and Customers) to effectively manage the lending process.
- Following sanction from management, preparing the offer letter and accompanying documents and being proactive in ensuring that all loan conditions have been met and the case moves efficiently to drawdown.
- Review utilisation requests and monitoring reports when a customer has requested a drawdown. Effectively document updates throughout the life of the loan that could have an impact on extensions and redemptions.
Requirements Bridging Finance Lender:
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience withing the Bridging and Property Finance Market.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to plan, organise, prioritise and manage time
- Strong attention to detail