Estimator - Interior Design - #979634
Hunter Mason Consulting Ltd
Job Title: Estimator
Join a leading collective of experienced fit-out and refurbishment professionals based in Manchester. With over 30 years of transforming spaces across various sectors including office, commercial, retail, and education, their team is committed to excellence and innovation in every project they undertake.
They are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Estimator to join their dynamic team. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in accurately estimating project costs and ensuring the profitability of each endeavour. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with a strong background in estimating within the construction industry to contribute to our continued success and growth.
- Analyse project requirements and specifications to prepare accurate cost estimates.
- Collaborate with project managers, subcontractors, suppliers, and other stakeholders to gather necessary information for estimating purposes.
- Conduct thorough cost analysis, including material, labour, and overhead costs, to develop comprehensive estimates.
- Prepare detailed quantity take-offs and pricing for various trades and scopes of work.
- Review and evaluate subcontractor and supplier quotes to ensure competitiveness and compliance with project requirements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with subcontractors, suppliers, and other industry partners to secure favourable pricing and terms.
- Provide support to project teams throughout the bidding and pre-construction phases, including value engineering and budgeting assistance.
- Monitor project budgets and costs, identifying potential risks and opportunities for cost savings.
- Keep abreast of industry trends, market conditions, and pricing fluctuations to inform estimating decisions.
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering, or a related field (preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in construction estimating, preferably within fit-out and refurbishment projects.
- Strong knowledge of construction methods, materials, and building codes.
- Proficiency in estimating software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Effective communication and negotiation abilities.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
£40,000 - £60,000 per annum, dependent on experience
- Competitive salary with performance-based incentives
- Health insurance and retirement plans
- Professional development opportunities
- Collaborative and supportive work environment