Director - Building Surveyor - #979468
Calibre Search are working closely with a highly ambitious Independent Consultancy who are now looking to implement their future development plans and bring in a Director level Building Surveyor to join them and head up a new office in Manchester.
You will be joining the two joint owners of the firm with their established team in Liverpool and have a big say how this new Manchester office develops in the coming years as you take the lead on numerous clients they have local as well as be given the time and funds to recruit and build their new Manchester team which you will have a big say in.
The Practice themselves have a stellar track record in delivering projects offering full professional building surveying in technical due diligence, design specification to more employers agent and project management services. They have numerous instructions already in place working with various private commercial investors and developers as well being part of framework agreements within the healthcare and higher education sectors.
Ideally, you will already be operating at Director level or perhaps at Associate level looking to take that next step up and have the drive to really make a name for yourself as you push the market and look to generate your own new clients and fees as well as be integral and advice on their strategic investment plan for this new office.
In return, you will be heavily rewarded for your efforts as you will have the chance to earn not just a competitive salary and package but also be entitled to profit shares and other perks the practice will look to offer. Brilliant position for any Building Surveyor looking to become the main lead of this exicitng new period of growth for this consutlancy.
- Undertaking inspections and preparing reports
- Preparing specifications for, and administering, repair and refurbishment contracts
- Preparing and negotiating schedules of dilapidations/preparing exit strategies
- Preparing planned preventative maintenance plans
- Dealing with Clients/Landlords/tenants on a regular basis
- Undertaking building reinstatement cost assessments
- Assisting with co-ordination of portfolio instructions and undertaking other duties from time to time as may be reasonably required
- Making sustainable business links with both external and internal clients and offering a professional and excellent client service at all times
- Business generation and fee involvement and have the capacity or willingness to recruit and build a team of building surveyors.
- Be educated to at least degree level or equivalent, in Building Surveying (RICS accredited) degree and MRICS qualified.
- Be passionate about Building Surveying and developing a career with a leading consultancy and wanting to grow the business even more.
- Have been actively working as a qualified building surveyor within the Property Consultancy environment and if possible, demonstrate leadership skills in managing junior surveyors
- Have an understanding of the standard forms of building contract, their application and the duties of the Contract Administrator
To discuss all my relevant roles in complete confidence please call Rob Hayton at Calibre Search
Calibre Search promote equality in the workplace and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified candidates regardless of their sex, race, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age. We act as both an employment agency and employment business.