Senior Quantity Surveyor - #979378
Senior Quantity Surveyor
We are working with an international construction organisation who are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work on prestigious projects in the area. They have some sizeable schemes coming up with an emphasis on new build apartments and refurbishment of listed buildings - converting them into apartments.
Take full commercial responsibility and ownership for the assigned construction project(s), or allocated elements of the project(s) working closely with the Commercial Manager, Project Director/Project Manager and the wider commercial and construction teams to ensure successful project(s) delivery, while maintaining relationships, maximising commercial returns and managing risk.
* Integrate the commercial strategy, in liaison with the Commercial Manager, to suit the project(s) development
* Liaise with and commercially influence/challenge the other members of the team and the construction process
* Take ownership for, administer and represent the company in commercial and contractual issues, including but not limited to:
- Preparing tenders, analysing, selecting appropriate s/c and finalising s/c orders, financial and commercial management to Final Account completion
- Prepare and present forecasts, targets and cost value reconciliations
- Prepare and agree valuations, including generating certificates and invoice/payments
- Prepare variations with adequate/appropriate records, agree as works progress
- Update projected Final Accounts on regular basis and prepare, submit and agree Final Account in a timely manner
- Involvement in value engineering and design development
* Maintain and protect CRUK commercial and contractual entitlement
* Prelim controls/monitoring - establish and maintain
* Ensure that site records/admin and document control are being adequately maintained
* Insurance and warranties
- Review and update project risk/opportunity plan, monitoring for changes and consider within any forecast reports
- Manage and mitigate risk arising
- Manage and realise opportunity
* CVR - Maintain an independent view in commercial reporting
* Manage and oversee any assigned junior commercial staff, but support and be an example to all junior commercial staff
* Support and work with the pre-construction department with any assigned tenders, both single stage and 2-stage
* Cash management - ensure timely payment and adequate cash management positions are maintained
* Take ownership for specific deliverables as advised by the Commercial Manager
* Manages the recording and submission of claims in respect of delay and loss / expense. Able to formulate detailed arguments in respect of such issues and make representation to the relevant parties
Setsquare is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Setsquare is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.