Estimator (Scaffolding) - #979332
Blue Moon Recruitment
We are proud to be working alongside Lyndon SGB, the UK's largest scaffolding and access solutions provider.
Working on some of the country's most exciting, cutting-edge construction and infrastructure projects, Lyndon SGB are proud to be playing part in 'Building Britain' whilst working collaboratively with the best main contractors in the sector.
To provide estimates and secure orders by providing market competitive solutions to meet customer requirements in compliance with company procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Identify and target new opportunities.
- Produce creative and competitive solutions to customer requirements, ensuring estimates are accurate and comply with company requirements and procedures.
- Ensure tenders are followed up with contractors to maximise probability of obtaining targeted contracts.
- Review quotes and devise a strategy to strengthen the company’s position for each quote.
- Assist line manager in monitoring and reporting on market pricing and competitor activity.
- Evaluate reasons for lost bids and report as required.
- Ensure customer requirements are met and where possible exceeded.
- Attend negotiations and pre-contract handover meetings.
- Prepare and deliver high standard presentations to customers as required
- Liaise with the design and operations teams on technical and operational requirements. Provide briefings to the operations team, and any information required once the job has commenced.
- Provide information and reports for management teams as required.
- Provide feedback from customers and the marketplace
- Ensure that all estimating related administrative tasks are carried out efficiently.
- Support and promote a team culture and company values.
- Knowledge of scaffolding and site practice.
- Appreciation of the design process with the ability to understand engineering plans.
- Good self discipline and a strong commitment to quality and procedures.
- Good communication skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- IT literate.