Compound Driver - #979279
Shifts: Monday – Friday, 0730-1700
PAYE Rate: £11 p/h
Employment Type: On-going work
Igloo has several fantastic opportunities for compound drivers to work in Manchester. The successful candidates will be working on the behalf of one of the UK’s leading automotive and logistics companies.
Within the compound driving role, you will be responsible for undertaking the below tasks:
- Drivers will be responsible for vehicle movements within large compounds.
- Movements will include moving vehicles into and out of the workshops as well as bay parking within the compounds.
- Vehicles will range from small family cars through to high performance and high value cars.
- Drivers will be expected to drive different transmissions, such as, manuals, automatics, semi-automatics.
- Drivers will need to carry out an inspection of the vehicles prior to moving them to ensure any damage is reported.
- Drivers will need to be happy to work out in the compound in all weather and will need to wear car friendly workwear and safety booths.
What kind of person we are looking for?
- You must be comfortable with driving different makes, models, and sizes of vehicles.
- Vehicles will range from manual to automatic gear boxes so, experience with this is a must.
- Previous, professional driving experience is desirable.
- You will be the kind of person that thrives on working in a fast-paced environment.
- You will have an excellent eye for detail and demonstrate a professional attitude towards work.
- You must be able to work as part of a team.
- You will need to hold a full category B driving licence with no more than 6 points for minor offences.
Apply today and join the team!