Principal/Associate Civil Engineer - #978864
The successful candidate will have extensive experience of Autodesk Civil 3D, Microdrainage and AutoCAD and will be keen to mentor graduate engineers / technicians in both technical design aspects and BIM software integration.
A thorough understanding of earthworks design, below ground foul and surface water drainage design, pavement design, external works and 3D underground services co-ordination is required.
Some of the things you will do
- Oversee the design on multiple projects as lead Civil Engineer
- Support the team with problem solving relating to design - this is where your depth of technical knowledge will be important
- Building relationships across the multiple sectors we work in to plan for future work
- Team Management on a day-to-day basis
- Involvement in the wider elements of the business area, supporting the Director
- Undertake all aspects of infrastructure design work on a range of project sizes across the following sectors: Aviation, Public Sector, Rail, Power, defence and Life Sciences.
- Act as a technical authority for Infrastructure Design across all Baker Hicks UK offices.
- Ensure project teams deliver civil and structural designs to cost, schedule and quality criteria
Why this role?
- Fantastic opportunity to work across exciting and interesting sectors (example - Nuclear, Life Science, Defence, Power etc)
- Huge variety of different projects involving all facets of Civil Design
- You'd be joining a diverse and dynamic team of technically strong design engineers who are passionate about making a positive impact in their communities through the work they do
- Chartered Civil/ Structural Engineer CEng MICE/ MIStructE
- Appropriate depth and breadth of experience including experience in leading and managing teams
- Strong technical knowledge of Civil design
- CSCS Card
- SC clearance (or eligible)
- Full Clean Current UK Driving Licence