Senior Site Manager - #978863
Role – Senior Site Manager – Externals Bias
Location – Manchester Central
Salary - £70,000 - £75,000 + package
Based on a large-scale residential development in Manchester, my client is looking for a site manager to oversee the externals packages and manage the sub-contractors.
The Site Manager has overall responsibility for a specific site, typically a large-scale project. They are the construction leader on the ground. They manage the overall day to day supervision of the construction site. He/she will monitor the preparation of the site prior to project launch and oversee the safe and efficient operation of the site throughout the construction phase.
Participates in compiling the initial programme and have a full awareness of weekly targets.
Plans and oversees the site setup, ensuring that the appropriate facilities are in place prior to the project launch.
Manages the relationship with the sub-contractors while working onsite.
Takes ownership for ensuring that HSEQS protocols are adhered to on sites at all times.
Maintains quality control procedures at all times.
Ensures that the TWR is in place and is up to date.
Monitors onsite energy and waste data.
Is responsible for ensuring an efficient registration system is in place to monitor all individuals entering and leaving the site.
Flags any issues with the Contract Management/Commercial Teams, which have the potential to have an impact on the effective delivery of the project – I.e. materials, works schedules, resources, H&S matters or issues relating to cost or delivery schedule.
Drives the pace of the project and plans the work in the field.
Coordinates and priorities the sequence of activities on site
Manages a team of site staff.
Leads the DBS meetings.
Monitors and controls costs v budget
Ensures that all employees adhere to appropriate protocols in the event of an incident onsite.
Able to relate company commercial strategy to own activities.
Operates the site on a holistic ‘cradle to grave’ project management approach.
Be able to communicate the site requirements to the commercial team and achieve the most economical reasonable solution bearing in mind commercial constraints.
Drive the project programme.
Delegate responsibilities to suitable site staff
Manage information and record of relevant contemporaneous records.
Follows the PEP as a means of ensuring that work is carried out on time and on budget.
About the Candidate
- Strong People Management experience
- Knowledge of good industrial relations practices
- Ability to deal with conflicting priorities and difficult stakeholders, particularly sub-contractors
- Ability to communicates with colleagues and clients in a warm and persuasive way both formally and informally and able to alter style and method to suit audience
- Can build consensus.
- Strong people skills and able to manage a variety of subcontractor supervision
- In excess of ten years’ experience working across a range of sectoral projects
- Experience of leading others and track record of delivering medium to large scale projects.
- Ability to prioritise and make prompt decisions in the interests of the project · Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of all the trades required on site, codes of practice relating to them and their specific requirements
- Experience building credibility with contractors by treating them with respect
- Calm under pressure
- Leads by example
Required Qualifications / Training
- Trade or Technical background
- Appropriate HSEQS training
- Temporary works
- Scaffolding - Cranage
- New technology in Construction systems
- Understanding of the BIM strategy