Chartered Landscape Architect - #978861
Hunter Mason Consulting Ltd
Experienced Landscape Planner – Manchester area, UK
Permanent full-time role with hybrid working
My client is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Landscape Planner/Architect to join their Manchester studio.
The company is one of the UK’s most respected and longest established landscape architectural practices with an outstanding reputation for delivering responsibly designed, transformative and award-winning spaces that add real value to people's lives. Their practice-wide team of 140 landscape architects landscape planners, urban designers and masterplanners work with their clients on pioneering projects that push the boundaries in creativity, innovation and sustainability.
They have an exciting national and international portfolio of projects.
They are seeking a Senior Landscape Planner to provide advice and support on various projects throughout the UK and internationally.
Their current landscape planning portfolio ranges from some of the largest energy and infrastructure projects down to small-scale housing projects and recreational developments in protected rural landscapes.
They would like to hear from ambitious landscape planners with energy and enthusiasm and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
This position offers excellent career prospects with great opportunities for significant advancement for the right candidate.
- A university degree in either landscape architecture or a related earth sciences discipline
- Ideally at least 5-years of professional experience in landscape planning
- A comprehensive understanding of GLVIA3
- Excellent analytical and written English
- Expertise in delivering LVIA, LCA and EIA for a range of projects from small to large scale and complex schemes including report writing and preparation of figures, including drafting and/ or reviewing EIA Report chapters and appendices.
- Organisational, presentation and communication skills
- Experience in stakeholder and public consultation
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- A valid driving license.
- Visualisation skills.
- Experience of viewpoint photography for LVIA
- Chartered Member of the Landscape Institute (CMLI) or working towards chartership
- GIS software (Arc View).
- A competitive salary with a range of benefits 40,000 – 50,000
- A 'flexi-hours' scheme to allow for a healthy work-life balance.
- Hybrid working offering up to 3 days a week working from home.
Join a talented and friendly team
Their studios are creative and sociable, with international teams of talented people.