Payroll Manager - #978754
Our retained client is looking To provide cover for the Group Payroll Manager for 12 months. The role is based in the North-west but mostly REMOTE
Manage and oversee the payroll team by reviewing payroll and processing P11d/Expenses and responding to queries on several payroll/expense systems. Includes providing payroll cover so need to be able to process as well as review.
Giving support and advice to company employees including finance teams and HR teams in relation to payroll costs/processes.
Internal training on the systems to be used can be given.
What you will be doing
- Giving payroll advice, support to the company.
- Reviewing payroll processed by two payroll administrators, and being able to provide holiday/sickness cover when needed.
- Submitting pension files to Pension Administrators on a monthly basis.
- Liaising with HMRC on payroll matters (phone calls to helpline and emails with Customer Compliance Manager).
- Look after administration of Expenses platform , including approving claims in line with expenses policies, managing inbox queries, adding/archiving accounts, updating mileage rates and changing employee details.
- Prepare, maintain, and submit P11ds for several PAYE references, including P46 (car) submissions, and managing employee queries in relation to these.
- Set up new payrolls where needed or manage integrating new payrolls into our existing PAYE references.
What success looks like in this role
- Confident in managing company or employee queries in a timely and professional manner.
- Excellent attention to detail as systems need to be maintained to a high level of accuracy.
What you need to have done already
- Reviewing payrolls, manual payroll calculations.
- Setting up payroll systems, helping HR with adding new employees to existing payrolls (acquisition of companies with existing payrolls being added to our payroll).
- P11d preparation, knowledge of taxation of company cars, fuel cards.
- NMW calculations.
- Pension administration, know rules of auto enrolment to check when employees should be enrolled.
- Good Excel skills (including vlookups, pivot tables).
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Methodical and sensible approach.
- Able to understand new systems and work logically/methodically.