SEMH English Tutor - #978700
ACE Education Manchester - Alternative Provision - TES
Ace Education Manchester is an alternative provision and mentoring service in Manchester City Centre. Operating across our two sites behind Manchester Deansgate, we are approved providers of alternative provision to the local authorities of Manchester, Trafford, Stockport, Rochdale and Tameside.
We are looking to add to our growing team of dedicated staff and to appoint a part-time English Teacher or Tutor to teach across KS3 and KS4.
The ideal candidate would have strong subject knowledge in English and a passion for teaching students from disadvantaged backgrounds and students with SEN or SEMH needs.
We are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. Days/Hours can be negotiated.
· Plan and deliver engaging lessons to small classes that facilitate active learning experiences and contribute to a holistic educational experience
· Build strong relationships with students and manage behaviour in accordance to our behaviour management policy
· Use adaptive teaching methods to ensure students are able to access the curriculum
· Create a positive and engaging classroom environment conducive to learning
· Assess and monitor student progress, providing feedback and support as needed
· Contribute to the day to day running of the centre
· Support classes and work with learners individually when required
· Communicate regularly with parents/guardians regarding student progress and behaviour
· Participate in professional development opportunities to enhance teaching skills
Benefits to this role include paid parking, CPD opportunities and a friendly work environment.
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check and references.
Ace Education Manchester is committed to the safeguarding of the children and young people accessing our service. Our principal aim is to follow best practice in safeguarding as per Working Together to Safeguard Children UK Statutory Guidance and Keeping Children Safe in Education.