Business Management Graduate - #978314
Salary: Starting from £27,000 per annum plus Veolia benefits
Programme Duration: 2 years
When you see the world as we do, you see the chance to help the world take better care of its resources, and help it become a better place for everyone.
Through our graduate scheme you'll help us to achieve our purpose of Ecological Transformation and build a career we can be proud of. No matter what role you have, when you join us you can play a key role in achieving our vision, and we can make yours happen too.
We know that everyone here at Veolia can help us work alongside our communities, look after the environment in small and big ways, and contribute towards our inclusive culture.
What we can offer you;
- 25 days of annual leave
- Access to our company pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, allowing you to reach your full potential
- Access to a range of resources to support your physical, mental and financial health; so you can lean on us whenever you need to
- 24-hour access to a virtual GP, 365 days a year, for you and family members in your household
- Discounts on everything from groceries to well-known retailers
- One paid days leave every year to volunteer and support your community
During this programme, you'll gain valuable insight into our services and strategic projects and we'll help you to further develop your skills and knowledge so that you can succeed in your career. You'll also join our graduate network and receive our continued support throughout.
We're strong believers in continuous development here at Veolia and actively encourage and support everyone to keep going after you finish the programme.
What you'll be doing;
As a Graduate Business Manager, you will gain experience in key areas across Veolia's commercial sector, developing basic waste management and business knowledge through different operational depots.
- Help deliver efficient and profitable solutions by driving innovation and change for customers.
- Understand and provide clear, transparent and accurate reporting of business performance.
- Learn to understand local market conditions, competitors and opportunities for growth and work in partnership with other teams.
- Experience the implementation of operational efficiencies through the use of digital, asset utilisation and cost control.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of all employees and those affected by our operations.
- Assist with the creation and continuation of a customer excellence approach and culture.
- Learn to manage people and assets to deliver / exceed service expectations.
- Learn how to identify top talent for the future, drive employee engagement by championing inclusivity in the workplace and promote development opportunities.
Please note that this is a rotational role and a successful candidate may be required to travel to get further exposure to different types of contracts and their operational requirements.
What we're looking for;
- Degree level qualification of Business Management or Environmental subject (to be achieved by Sept 2024)
- Full UK Driving licence
- High level of written and verbal communication skills and confidence in the delivery of presentations.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build meaningful and successful relationships
- Good analytical and organisational skills
- Good understanding of the importance of continuous improvement
- Good project management skills
- Good knowledge of Google/Microsoft products
Before we can consider your application further, you'll need to complete a couple of short, gamified assessments. If you're successful following this, we'll then invite you to one of our virtual assessment days and a site visit.
Apply today, so we can make a difference for generations to come.
We're proud to be listed in The Sunday Times Best Places to Work 2023, being named as a Top 10 Very Big Organisation and Highly Commended as a workplace for 55+.
This accolade further demonstrates our commitment to our people and our actions in creating an environment where everyone can be their true selves and enjoy working at Veolia.
We want to ensure that you feel supported throughout the application process and provide reasonable adjustments where necessary and requested. If you require any reasonable adjustments as part of your application and interview process, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Here at Veolia, we're proud to be known as an equal opportunities employer. We know how important it is to be fully committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive place to work for every one of our colleagues. So no matter their age, gender, gender expression, disability, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexuality or veteran status, every applicant who meets the minimum requirements will be considered fully.