Assistant Digital Operations Manager - #978157
Assistant Digital Operations Manager
£33,200 - £45,500 plus benefits (Work Level 6A)
Manchester city centre, In this role you’ll work in a hybrid way – splitting your time between home and the office with UK travel (find out more about our hybrid working policy at colleagues.coop.co.uk/hybrid-working-policy)
We’re looking for a motivated Digital Operations Manager to join us and help lead the way in modernising and shaping the future of the way our customers shop at the Co-op, with a focus on the online customer experience. We’ve come a long way from where we were, but there’s more work to be done. We need to continue to use technology to improve and innovate operations and make Co-op an even better place for our customers to shop. And this is where you’d come in.
If you have the online grocery experience, process/project skills and great people skills that we’re after, then we can offer you the chance to make a real difference with a business that puts people at the heart of its strategy.
What you’ll do
• Set up and carry out trials to understand what processes are working well and what improvements need to be made
• Develop process flows and pull together proposals for future activity
• Chair meetings with internal partners to make sure continuous improvement across the operation based on feedback from our Co-op customers
• Go out into the field and visit stores
• Collaborate with colleagues across the Co-op as well as third party suppliers to manage trials from conception through to delivery
• Connect with third party suppliers to understand what new and exciting tech is emerging in the market, and how we can integrate this into our business
This role will suit people who have
• Online grocery experience and a passion for ecommerce
• Good project management skills and the ability to report on projects to feedback into the business
• Excellent Microsoft Excel skills, with the ability to use VLOOKUPs, pivot tables and formulas to present data in a meaningful and actionable way
• The ability to build strong relationships with a variety of colleagues, with the confidence to make decisions and influence others
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If you have the skills that we need, we can offer you a competitive salary and great benefits package which includes 30% off Co-op branded products in our food stores (as well as other discounts on Co-op products and services).
• An annual bonus (based on personal and business performance)
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 with service) plus bank holidays
• A pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• Access to a subsidised onsite gym (at our Manchester HQ)
• Coaching and training to support your career development
• Wagestream app – giving you access to a percentage of your pay as you earn
• YuLife app – rewarding you for exercising with discounts and vouchers for your favourite brands
At Co-op, we’re proud to do things a different way. As one of the world’s largest co-operatives, owned by millions of members, community is at the heart of what we do. Since our Co-op was founded in 1844, we’ve had a clear social purpose, and everything we do as a business helps to build a fairer world for our members, customers, colleagues, and communities.
Building a diverse environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone. If you have a disability, we can make reasonable adjustments to our recruitment process according to your needs. We're also part of the Disability Confident scheme, meaning we'll always offer an interview to disabled candidates who apply through the scheme if they meet the minimum criteria for a job.
We'll ask whether you’d like to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme when you apply.
If we invite you to take part in the recruitment process for any of our jobs, we’ll ask you if you need any reasonable adjustments to enable you to participate.
You can find out more about our recruitment process at jobs.coop.co.uk/apply-process
You can find out more about the Disability Confident scheme and all our commitments to diversity and inclusion at colleagues.coop.co.uk/diversity-inclusion-and-wellbeing