Senior Transport Planner - #977723
With the successful appointment of a new Associate taking the lead in Manchester of a new Transport Planning department, I have now been appointed to find a Senior Transport Planner that wants to join them in delivering Development Planning and Urban Planning schemes across the North West.
Working directly with the newly appointed Associate, you will be liaising with teams across this International design consultancy including their Civil/Structural team, the Architectural Team and the Urban Spaces team in order to implement sustainable and innovative transport planning solutions. You will need to be more than comfortable producing and delivering transport assessments, travel plans and public sector master planning schemes.
You will be joining one of the most respected, award winning consultancies in the North West and coined a 'engineering consultancy that thinks like an architectural design practice' you will be able to let your creativeness flow and be given the freedom to truly produce the best, not the cheapest solutions for your clients.
An added benefit is you will be the first hire that the Associate makes, giving you unrivalled exposure and promotional opportunities. You'll be rewarded with a competitive salary, an 8% non-contributory pension, hybrid working and flexible hours and much more in benefits! You'll also be working in one of the most forward thinking and sustainable offices in Manchester in the Norther Quarter.
Senior Transport Planner Requirements
- Experience in all technical aspects of a transport planner role
- Project management experience would be beneficial
- Financial management of projects
- All-round knowledge of guidance, standards and modelling
- Experience with Excel, AutoCAD (beneficial), Arcady, Picady or LinSig
- Excellent client-facing manner and ability to foster positive relationships with clients
- Proficiency in negotiating with clients, project teams and highway officers
- Experience of preparation of fee proposals (beneficial)
- Good report writing and presentation skills
If interested in this position but perhaps would like to discuss further before formally applying, please contact Taylor Smith at Calibre Search Manchester.
Calibre Search promote equality in the workplace and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified candidates regardless of their sex, race, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age. We act as both an employment agency and employment business.