Account Executive - #977717
Greencore Group Lts
We are a leading manufacturer of convenience food in the UK and our purpose is to make everyday taste better.
We supply all the major supermarkets in the UK. We also supply convenience and travel retail outlets, discounters, coffee shops, foodservice, and other retailers. We have strong market positions in a range of categories including sandwiches, salads, sushi, chilled snacking, chilled ready meals, chilled soups and sauces, chilled quiche, ambient sauces and pickles, and frozen Yorkshire Puddings.
In FY22 we manufactured 795m sandwiches and other food to go products, 127m chilled prepared meals, and 249m bottles of cooking sauces, pickles, and condiments. We carry out more than 10,600 direct to store deliveries each day. We have 21 world-class manufacturing units across 16 locations in the UK, with industry-leading technology and supply chain capabilities. We generated revenues of £1.7bn in FY22 and employ approximately 14,000 people.
We work hard to ensure that Greencore is a great place to work, and our people truly are at the core. We're committed to ensuring all our colleagues have development plans and strive to provide inspiring leadership - in fact, in the past year we've seen an 11% increase in the number of colleagues who would recommend Greencore as a place to work.
Join us and be part of our great team!
What you'll be doing
We're looking for individuals that are eager to advance in account management who want to make a tangible difference to a large organisation.
You will join our commercial team and support our National Account Managers in the day to day management of our Tesco account. You will play a pivotal part in our relationship with Tesco and will work collaboratively with other teams in the business to improve our service.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Manage all day to day customer requirements to include research on the shopper journey, product sampling and benchmarking sessions
- Identify key insights on our product range and actions internally with the category and NPD teams and with the customer
- As directed by the National Account Manager, you will be involved in the promotional process of our products and activity
- Provides category analysis to support the customer innovation and category process
- Validation and checking of sets of data to ensure business information is aligned (e.g. - Sales forecast)
- Own and deliver a schedule of reporting to capture all business requirements
- Maintain database of knowledge and data relating to our customer
What we're looking for
- Ideally educated to degree level with a specialism in a Food/nutrition Science, have entered via an apprentice route or has equivalent work experience in a similar role / environment
- Has some experience / knowledge of food and the food environment
- Demonstrates analytical skills and is fully numerate
- Has good communication skills
- Full UK driving license
We're not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.