Senior Architectural Technologist - #562268
£42,500 - £50,000 per annum + 25 hols, private medical insurance. (Permanent)
City Of Manchester, Manchester
Senior Architectural Technician / Technologist required to join the project-delivery team of a globally renowned Design, Engineering and Project Management consultancy based in Manchester.
Required is a talented and experienced Architectural Technologist / Technician who is currently operating at a Senior OR Associate level, situated within their design & technical team you will be given the autonomy to lead on a variety of large multimillion pound projects across the North-West and throughout the UK. You will work collaboratively alongside an experienced design & technical team and be tasked with delivering projects, the majority of which are to BIM Level 2 standard through the full design lifecycle to completion. Primarily you will encounter projects within the Transportation, Education, Energy, Commercial and Defence sectors, as well as various Urban regeneration schemes.
The company are a well-known entity across the North-West. You will be familiar with the name, the brand and the vast scope of work they undertake. Their multi-disciplinary nature allows them to collaborate with internal teams of industry professionals including Designers, Engineers, Surveyors and everything in between. They know how to get buildings designed and built, all in a manor that is beneficial to the contractors, construction-team and end-user clients. Their work is inspiring, recognisable and completed to an immaculate, high-standard.
Their teams work across multiple design-sectors. Their portfolio consists of everything from large-scale Education projects to Heritage schemes and Urban redevelopment projects in towns across the UK. This attractive, wide-range of projects means employees here are never bored or stuck within the same sector for too long, there is a culture of internal progression and re-assignment to different teams upon successful completion of work. There is unlimited scope for development, growth and self-achievement here.
Responsibilities of the Senior Architectural Technologist include:
- Supporting the design team from inception through to completion of projects.
- Work within a BIM enabled environment using 3D tools and technologies.
- Assisting in the preparation of concept scheme designs from Client briefs and working with other disciplines to test the validity of those designs.
- Work as part of single or multi-discipline team in the preparation of production information and working drawing packages.
- Ensure design co-ordination and interface resolution between multi-discipline teams throughout all design stages.
- Preparation of full NBS specifications.
Requirements of the Senior Architectural Technologist include:
- Prior experience of working as an Architectural Technician / Architectural Technologist, MCIAT preferred.
- Able to demonstrate an adaptable and approachable nature to your role and demonstrate a willingness to develop your skills.
- Able to participate in the design and technical review culture of the office amongst your peers.
- Proficiency in AutoDesk REVITis essential. Navisworks experience is desirable but not essential.
- Security clearance and/or willingness to undertake security clearance checks to work on projects across all sectors is essential.
- Experience of on-site job running is desirable but not essential
- Be self-motivated and capable of working and completing tasks independently as well as demonstrating strong team work skills
- Able to produce, analyse and advise upon specification, materials selection and detailed design solutions in relation to performance and production criteria, as well as proficiently use NBS software packages
Salary: £42,500 - £50,000
Benefits - Lucrative annual Bonus scheme, Private medical, life assurance policy, 25 days holiday + option to buy 5 additional days, flexible working, cycle to work scheme.
Interested parties please hot apply, for further information please speak to Will at Conrad Consulting.