Game Mathematician II - United Kingdom - #482923
Requisition ID: 10363
IGT (NYSE:IGT) is a global leader in gaming. We deliver entertaining and responsible gaming experiences for players across all channels and regulated segments, from Lotteries and Gaming Machines to Sports Betting and Digital. Leveraging a wealth of compelling content, substantial investment in innovation, player insights, operational expertise, and leading-edge technology, our solutions deliver unrivaled gaming experiences that engage players and drive growth. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world, and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility. IGT has approximately 10,500 employees. For more information, please visit www.igt.com.
A mathematician or probability expert is required to create the math models behind our casino slot machine games in land based markets. The role presents the opportunity to develop into a game designer or producer for those games.
The position is based in the IGT Manchester studio working with a team of developers and artists producing video casino games for the UK and other international markets. Close co-operation will be required with our game designers, producers and math experts in other IGT offices in the US, Canada and Europe
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics or Statistics (or equivalent experience);
- A strong understanding and experience of probability theory.
- An advanced user of MS Excel, comfortable creating and adapting large and complex spreadsheets
- Typically has 2 – 5 years of commercial experience using math and excel in a professional context.
- Programming skills to create or adapt simulation programs in a variety of languages – Python, C, C++ etc
- Knowledge of gaming products is not essential but clearly an advantage
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities to solve a variety of problems in an accurate and timely manner.
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently as well as part of a dynamic team in a fast-paced environment in order to meet multiple deadlines.
- Solid interpersonal skills in dealing with individuals from a variety of disciplines.
- Must be able to travel as needed
- Able to pass a Security Background Investigation
- Experience with Python, C/C++, JAVA or Visual Basic programming languages to help develop simulations or more complicated math models.
- Strong enthusiasm for games in general and gambling games in particular.
Keys to Success
- Building collaborative relationships
- Decision making
- Drive results
- Foster innovation
- Personal energy
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, and to creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship, covered veteran status, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable local, state, federal laws or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.
IGT (NYSE: IGT) is the global leader in gaming. For more information, please visit www.igt.com.