SHE Advisor - #459570
At LTE Group we have an exciting opportunity for a SHE Advisor to join the Safety, Health & Environment Team on a permanent, full time (37 hours per week) basis.
What the SHE Advisor role entails;
The role of the Group SHE Advisor is to develop and monitor safety, health and environmental Policy to ensure all Group divisions and business areas meet and exceed statutory and non-statutory requirements.
The SHE Advisor will be responsible for the delivery and continued development of the Group SHE agenda inclusive of policy, internal audit, internal control, regulatory compliance as well as projects and ad-hoc duties as required and as directed by the Head of SHE.
The SHE Advisor will:
- Work closely with operational management to ensure compliance with Group and regulatory requirements
- Provide advice, and hands-on safety, health and environmental support
- Coordinate, implement, and maintain plans to achieve objectives
- Be required to travel and work away from home on a periodic basis
The skills and experience required for the role of SHE Advisor include:
- Can demonstrate a significant contribution to improving safety, health and environmental performance.
- Extensive knowledge of health and safety legislation and its practical application
- Formal recognised Health & Safety qualifications (IOSH, NEBOSH, IIRSM, BOHS)
- 3-5 years of experience.
- Experience in developing and implementing Health & Safety policy and programmes including OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001
- High level of technical competence, knowledge and experience gained within a multi-location environment.
The LTE Group is a national, public-sector learning, training and education organisation with a clearly defined mission to ‘improve lives and economic success through learning and skills’. Our valued 4,000 colleagues drive our delivery of specialist learning to over 100,000 learners in over 120 UK locations, across our businesses.
The LTE Group family encompasses the strengths of each of our individual organisations:
- The Manchester College – further education
- UCEN Manchester – higher education
- Novus – prison education
- Total People/MOL – apprenticeships and professional development.
The benefits of working for LTE Group
As part of the LTE Group family, you will benefit from an excellent package including:
- An excellent annual leave entitlement
- Christmas shut down, with additional discretionary holiday leave provided.
- in-house ‘Evolve’ training programme offers you the chance to upskill and further your career through a wide range of recognised qualifications.
- Career development opportunities.
- Hybrid working – 2/3 days per week flexible.
- Free onsite parking.
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounts on your health care through Simply Health.
- Free, confidential support service provided by an external organisation, PAM Assist.
- Cycle to work scheme saving you 25% on your purchase.
- Access to lots of offers with well-known retailers.
The LTE Group is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. If you feel you could make a difference in this rewarding and growing sector
All applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the job description for shortlisting purposes.
Salaries are based on skills, qualifications and experience.
The closing date for this job advert is 06/07/2022 however sometimes the job advert may close early if we receive a good response!