Operations Supervisor - #459569
BCD Travel Corporate
Do you want to work in a fast-paced and exciting environment, where no two days are the same? We’re looking for an Operations Supervisor to manage our team of travel consultants.
Full-time, based in Manchester, UK
We’re BCD Travel, one of the world’s leading corporate travel management companies with offices around the globe. We help our clients travel smart and achieve more. People join our company because we provide a dynamic work environment, where no two days are the same. And our people stay with us because we care about their work-life balance. But don’t just take our word for it: we've been voted top place to work and recognized by Investors In People, Flexjobs and Forbes.
In this role you will be responsible for day-to-day management of a travel consultant team, including managing key performance indicators (KPI), workload, providing assistance, and coaching. As the Operations Supervisor you will also be the primary point of contact for the team members and actively coach and develop the team to meet and exceed all performance targets.
A snapshot of this opportunity
- Provide leadership to a team of travel consultants, including responding to questions and providing direction and feedback
- Collaborate with performance data to maximum the effectiveness and efficiency of the team
- Develop learning programs for closing own short- and long-term competency gaps
- Assist the consultants by appropriately responding and resolving customers inquiries
- Excellent knowledge and application of travel supplier rules
- Provide the client with the required industry information, such as low fares, exchange costs, and penalties
- Maintain knowledge of necessary regulations (DOT, TSA, passports, visas, etc.)
- Monitor global distribution systems (GDS) queues daily to maintain quality control
How you can set yourself apart
- Extensive experience in the corporate travel management industry
- You have relevant supervising experience
- Advanced skills on GDS Sabre and/or Galileo
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
What we offer you
At BCD Travel, we work with highly motivated and passionate people. We value open communication, collaboration, and a flexible work-life balance. We offer unique, often global, experiences that empower you to develop and grow within the organization. Sustainability and helping others is also high on our list. We make a difference through charitable activities in our communities across the globe.
BCD Travel helps companies make the most of what they spend on travel. We give travelers innovative tools that keep them safe and productive and help them make good choices on the road. We partner with travel and procurement leaders to simplify the complexities of business travel, drive savings and satisfaction, and move whole companies toward their goals. In short, we help our clients travel smart and achieve more. We make this happen in 109 countries with a global client retention rate of 98%, the highest in the industry. For more information, visit www.bcdtravel.com.
Create your profile and upload your resume/cover letter via our website. Feel free to reach out to us with any questions via [email protected] Note: send your application via the website only.
Stay informed about new career opportunities at BCD Travel
Use the 'notify me' button in our careers center to be one of the first to hear about interesting opportunities in the future. On the left-hand side of the screen, you can select filters to see updates on all vacancies that match your interest.
- Note: We’ll give preference to internal and/or furloughed employees.